Our long-term goal is to include all of Hamburg’s mobility services in the hvv switch app. We are aiming here to reduce these services to the bare essentials, to be able to offer you simple and quick access, to get to where you need to go. Implementing this is a complex process that takes time. In 2021, we plan to add another car sharing provider, such as MILES, to hvv switch. We are already working on the ongoing expansion of the platform with the addition of other providers.
- Single Ticket With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction, in the Hamburg AB zone or in all zones. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- Short Journey With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction, in the Hamburg AB zone. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. It is only valid when travelling on one section of a line or route, i.e. to the edge of the fare zone in which you started your trip. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- Local Journey With this ticket you can travel once, in one direction. You can also change to a different train line or bus route. It is only valid when travelling on two sections of a line or route, i.e. to the edge of the first fare zone beyond the fare zone in which you started your trip. Important: Round trips and return trips are not permitted with this ticket.
- 9 am Day Ticket With this day ticket you can travel with up to 3 children (6-14 years) as often as you like. It is valid from Monday to Friday from midnight to 6 am and then from 9 am till 6 am the following day. It can be used all day long on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- 9 am Group Ticket With this day ticket you can travel as often as you like with up to 4 other people. It is valid Monday to Friday, from midnight to 6 am and then from 9 am to 6 am the following day. It can be used all day long on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
- All-Day Ticket With this day ticket you can travel as often as you like with up to 3 children (6-14 years old). It is valid until 6 am the following day.
At the moment, you can use hvv switch points for parking with the car sharing providers SIXT Share, Cambio and SHARE NOW. Cars from other mobility providers may not be parked. For technical reasons, the charging points cannot yet be used for SIXT share.
You can register for the hvv switch app by downloading it on your smartphone, opening it, and then simply following the instructions in the app. Please remember to confirm your e-mail address. After registering you can choose from three different options at the moment:
- hvv ticket purchases
- MOIA shuttle bookings
- SIXT share car rentals
The app will guide you through the purchase and booking process. You will receive a separate invoice by e-mail for each service you buy or order. More services will be added to the hvv switch app over time.
At the moment you can only pay via PayPal when you use the hvv switch app. No other methods of payment are currently accepted. It is, of course, not possible to pay by cash when using the app.
Within the service region of a city where SIXT share operates, you can park your SIXT share car in any publicly accessible car park free of charge. You do not need a parking ticket in these areas. Parking is restricted in areas where a parking disc is required. Please display the parking disc you will find inside the car so that it is clearly visible. You can find an overview of the main parking regulations for SIXT share in Hamburg here. You should familiarise yourself with all these general rules and note that other regulations apply outside of the Hamburg service region.
You can find out more about this at SIXT share here. Generally speaking, parking guidelines shall apply in accordance with local traffic regulations wherever you happen to be. You can find out here in our FAQ [internal link to FAQ “Can you park your car sharing vehicle outside of the service region?”] what you need to pay attention to when parking outside of a SIXT share service region, or in a multi-storey car park.
As a MOIA user you can book for up to five additional people. The fare will then be calculated for all passengers and charged to your hvv switch account. Please remember to enter the number of people travelling with you when you make a booking request in the hvv switch app.When it comes to car sharing, you may travel with as many people as there are seats with seatbelts.
The existing switchh subscription, i.e. the 8 euro 90 savings package, will be discontinued on 28.02.2021.
A so-called MOIA stop is a virtual stop. It isn’t marked in any visible way for pedestrians and can only be viewed on the map in the hvv switch app where it is shown as an address. Since the address of the stop is displayed in the hvv switch app, you can use the app to find it. The map will also show you though whether or not you’re in the right place. These stops can be found throughout MOIA’s service region in Hamburg. The walking distance from anywhere within this region will usually be no more than 250 metres. The stops are clearly defined. MOIA drivers aren’t able to take you and other passengers directly to your front door like a taxi would.
The switchh Points will not be removed as there is no need for this. They’re currently being rebranded as hvv switch Points but can still be used during this process nonetheless.
The infrastructure for ensuring the convenient use of sharing services will be extended more and more over time.